Yellow Hammer EFT Fraud Detective™
In-house EFT fraud detection and prevention
Yellow Hammer EFT Fraud Detective leverages industry-leading fraud expertise and proprietary technology to automatically monitor near-real-time ATM, point-of-sale (POS), and merchant transactions. This innovative system determines average pre-authorization account activity and automatically monitors each account to identify suspicious activities based on violations of established rules and transaction, card, and terminal abnormalities. Transaction abnormalities are based on abnormal geographic location, number of EFT transactions, and merchants. Card verification abnormalities are based on card expiration, number, and activation. ATM/POS terminal abnormalities are based abnormal location or user. The risk associated with each abnormality is automatically rated and immediate alerts of possibly fraudulent transactions are generated. Yellow Hammer EFT Fraud Detective helps banks to proactively protect themselves and their customers from fraud and financial losses and comply with related regulatory requirements.
This solution is available to banks automated by the SilverLake System®, CIF 20/20®, and Core Director platforms.
What It Does
- Monitors near-real-time ATM, POS, and merchant debit card transactions and identifies suspicious activities.
- Assesses average preauthorization account activity based on violations of established rules and transaction, card, and terminal abnormalities.
- Determines transaction abnormalities based on merchants, abnormal geographic location, and number of EFT transactions.
- Assesses card verification abnormalities based on card expiration, number, and activation.
- Determines ATM/POS terminal abnormalities based on abnormal location or user.
- Rates the risk associated with each abnormality and generates immediate alerts of possible fraudulent transactions.
- Integrates with Jack Henry Banking’s jhaPassPort.pro and other third-party online authorization and ATM processing solutions.
- Offers full integration with Jack Henry Banking’s SilverLake System, CIF 20/20, and Core Director core processing platforms.
What It Does For You
- Protects banks by identifying and preventing EFT-related fraud before it occurs.
- Expedites the resolution of fraud-related issues.
- Safeguards bank and customer assets.
- Prevents the financial and reputational losses associated with EFT fraud.
- Protects customers’ credit ratings.
- Ensures full compliance with related regulatory requirements.
- Enables proactive responses to emerging fraud challenges.
- Empowers banks with flexible system design and ongoing research and development.