JHA Multifactor Authentication™
Identify authentication for online transactions
JHA Multifactor Authentication, offered through a strategic partnership with RSA, protects bank customers from online predators by requiring multiple pieces of information to validate identity while supporting compliance with regulatory requirements and FFIEC recommendations. This state-of-the-art security solution deters predators who commit fraud and identity theft by exploiting single-factor authentication – which uses only one piece of information, such as a password – to validate identity.
JHA Multifactor Authentication automatically monitors accounts for unusual activity based on account history and requires customers to verify their identities by answering pre-selected challenge questions if unusual activity is detected. An optional module allows customers to select from a library of images that can be displayed upon log-in to further verify that they are connected to a bank’s legitimate website rather than a fraudulent copycat site.
This solution is available to banks automated by the SilverLake System®, CIF 20/20®, and Core Director® platforms.
What It Does
- Builds a profile for each customer that includes device IDs, IP address, transaction types and dollar amounts.
- Is invisible to more than 99 percent of customers and only visible during risky and fraudulent transactions (less than one percent of all cases).
- Requires no downloading of software or buying any hardware, for customers.
- Invokes additional authentication for risky transactions only by either using a challenge response or an out-of-band, near-real-time automated telephone call.
- Provides customers with a "cookieless" personalized watermark graphic when they correctly access the bank’s legitimate Web site.
- Allows the customer to select from a library of tens of thousands of unique images.
- Requires the customer to verify the image before completing the Internet banking site login.
What It Does For You
- Ensures that an Internet fraudster cannot access customer data using stolen credentials.
- Provides a cost-effective, secure and consumer-friendly alternative to tokens.
- Provides invisible security to customers as they transact online banking.
- Instills confidence and trust in online banking customers.
- Provides Internet banking customers with a consistent and simple online experience.
- Offers powerful security behinds the scenes.
- Enables banks to proactively protect themselves and their customers from Internet fraud and the related financial losses.
- Complies with the related regulatory requirements.