Automatic overdraft decisioning
Smart EIP reduces the manual processes related to exception item processing by providing the ability to automatically approve and process checks clearing against accounts with insufficient balances. This solution uses pre-determined parameters to make consistent decisions on paying or not paying insufficient funds transactions. The overdraft limits are assigned to a specific account and overdraft fees are calculated based on the overall customer relationship. Smart EIP is flexible and easy to use, allowing banks to categorize customers by type, risk limit, and relationships. Smart EIP complements Bounce Protection®, Jack Henry Banking’s overdraft privilege solution, providing a comprehensive and seamless exception item processing suite.
This solution is available to banks automated by the SilverLake System® platform.
What It Does
- Automatically approves and processes checks drawn on accounts with insufficient balances.
- Uses pre-determined parameters to make consistent decisions on paying or not paying insufficient funds transactions.
- Performs four tests at defined intervals to calculate each account’s overdraft limit based on activity during a selected number of days.
- Provides the ability to vary limits daily.
- Subtracts holds from the current balance.
- Complements Jack Henry Banking’s Bounce Protection solution.
- Considers the account relationship of each customer rather than a group of customers.
- Enables banks to categorize customers by type, limit of risk, and relationships.
What It Does For You
- Reduces the manual processes related to exception item processing.
- Reduces internal item processing time.
- Saves money by reducing staffing requirements.
- Enables banks of all sizes to offer a high-demand service that enhances the customer experience and fosters loyalty.